If you’re living plant-based and have been craving the sweet and savory taste of bacon then have no fear, PlantX is here! We’ve brought you one of our favorite vegan bacon recipes alongside a couple of ways to enjoy this tasty treat. Whether you enjoy it on its own or in a BLT, this vegan bacon recipe is a surefire way to hit those bacon cravings. You can also check out our other blog for a sweet and spicy carrot bacon recipe that’s great for topping burgers or as a crispy afternoon snack.
Vegan Bacon Recipe with Rice PaperIngredients: 8 Pieces of Rice Paper (the same kind used for spring rolls) 4 tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast 6 tablespoons tamari or coconut liquid aminos 1 tablespoon maple syrup 1 tablespoon garlic powder 4 tablespoons olive oil ½ teaspoon liquid smoke or 1 tablespoon bbq sauce ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper ½ teaspoon of paprika Instructions:
- First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place two baking sheets onto your counter and line them with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all of your ingredients aside from the rice paper to make your bacon marinade.
- Place 3 sheets of rice paper on top of one another and dip into a bowl of water until slightly softened. Cut your layered rice paper into strips about the width of your average slice of bacon.
- Dip your rice paper strips into your marinade until coated on both sides before placing onto a baking sheet.
- Do this with the rest of your strips, whisking the marinade every so often to prevent separation.
- Place your rice paper strips into the oven and bake for 7 minutes, or until your bacon is crisp. Don't step away for too long because the strips can burn easily!
- Remove from the baking sheet right away and enjoy in your favorite sandwiches, burgers, or crumble over salad.