Sort By ×
- Price, low to high
- Price, high to low
- Alphabetically, A-Z
- Alphabetically, Z-A
- Date, old to new
- Date, new to old
- Best Selling
Our selection of vegan groceries gives you all the necessary ingredients you could possibly need to create a plant-based meal that will make your heart sing with joy.
The absolute easiest way to shop for your vegan groceries is online! Shopping from our vegan supermarket online makes it easy to uphold a healthy lifestyle and maintain a balanced plant-based diet. Make sure you always have a wide range of vegan staple foods at home. We’re talking grains, legumes, vegan sauces, plant-based protein, plant-based milks and cheeses, plant-based dessert and of course, plant-based drinks to flush it all down with!
While some may believe that vegan groceries are limited and bland, this idea is far from the truth. Vegan groceries allow you to create vegan dishes you never would have thought of creating and make you focus more on the flavor and the texture, which means more scrumptious food!
How to Build the Perfect Vegan Grocery List
Every vegan should be stocked up on vegan staples from a vegan grocery store to be able to create a variety of dishes. So what are some of these vegan staple foods? They include couscous, rice, beans, lentils, vegan cheeses, tofu, vegan meat alternatives, dairy-free milks, vegan egg alternatives, nutritional yeast and much more. These vegan groceries can easily be the foundation of an exceptionally delicious dish. Or if you’re wanting something a little more on the sweet side to satisfy that sweet tooth there is vegan chocolate, vegan brownies, vegan cheesecakes, and all sorts of vegan desserts your heart may desire.
The Top Recommended Vegan Groceries
There is an array of vegan brands that supply amazingly tasty vegan groceries! We’ve highlighted a few of our grocery favorites to get you started with your vegan grocery shopping. Our vegan online supermarket offers the highest quality vegan groceries that will make your taste buds sing.
Banza - Chickpea Pasta Spaghetti
Take your Carbonara to the next (healthier!) level with chickpea pasta. Super delicious and great for most diets! It’s gluten-free, lower carb, high fiber, non-GMO, and low glycemic - what’s not to love?
So Delicious - Yogurt
These yogurts are a real treat and made with coconut milk to create a smooth and creamy dessert. They are only 120 kcal per serving and are available in 5 heavenly flavors - vanilla, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry and key lime.
Beyond Meat - Beyond Sausage
These sausages are the real deal! Full of flavor and with that perfect crisp, Beyond Sausage is an excellent source of protein (16g per serving) and lower in saturated fat compared to regular sausages. Plant-based goodness in its best form!
Wholesome - Organic Light Brown Sugar
Go for organic brown sugar - it’s natural, vegan, and gluten-free! This brown sugar has a light, moist, and fine-grained texture. The flavor has a hint of caramel, making it perfect for coffee or desserts.
Rao’s - Roasted Garlic Sauce
As close to home-cooked as you can get! This wholesome blend of vine-ripened tomatoes roasted with garlic comes straight from Italy. With its rich flavor profile and subtle sweetness it’s the perfect addition to any hearty pasta dish.
What are some Popular Vegan Dishes you can make from Vegan Groceries?
Now that we have an idea of some of the vegan grocery essentials, what are some of the most popular meals you could make from these ingredients? Well, here is a list of them…
1) Moroccan Vegetable Couscous. This is a quick and easy plant-based meal that can be made in one pot. The dish is vibrant and super healthy. You can make it with peppers, carrots, peas, chickpeas, onions with some seasoning and it ends up being a very hearty and flavourful meal.
2) Vegan Nachos. This is a combination of tortilla chips, beans, guacamole, salsa and of course crumbled vegan queso cheese sprinkled all over the top. This dish is perfect for any guests or if you feel like snacking on something healthy but completely and utterly mouthwatering.
3) Pumpkin Curry with Chickpeas. This is a warm, flavorsome curry made with chickpeas and pumpkin in a sauce of Thai curry paste, vegetable stock, and coconut milk which would satisfy anyone's taste buds. It’d be the ideal dish to impress anyone! This vegan curry also pairs very nicely with rice and would definitely fill you up.
4) Vegan Chili. This is created with kidney beans, tomatoes, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and a bunch of veggies. As any good chili should be, this dish is warm and spicy, and it’ll steal your heart once you take that first spoonful.
5) Vegan Fajitas with Tofu. Vegan fajitas with tasty, well-seasoned tofu in the middle would make the perfect meal on those days you just don’t have the time to cook! All the seasoned veggies in combination with the rich sauce are a game-changer. You’ll never look back!
6) Vegan Rice Pudding. Although savory meals are amazing and wonderful, everyone needs something sweet to uplift their day. A rice pudding is a brilliant option for this. Consisting of nothing but rice and coconut milk it’s an incredibly easy vegan dessert. For that extra added sweetness it’s recommended to add maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, or even raisins.
7) Vegan Couscous Pudding. This gorgeous vegan dessert consists of coconut milk, cinnamon, raisins and of course, vegan couscous. It's a warm comfort food that can be had for breakfast or dessert.
These are a few of the many tantalizing dishes you could make with vegan groceries. There are no limitations when it comes to cooking with vegan groceries, only new discoveries!
Why is Buying Vegan Groceries Better?
Purchasing vegan groceries is a great option that more people should consider as it’s better for your body, the animals, and the planet! Vegan groceries can have far more nutrients which means you’d be more satisfied with your meals and also gain much more energy than when consuming junk or processed food. A lot of people consume vegan groceries because they want to stay on a low-fat diet or a gluten-free diet or just eat foods that are kind to both your body and the planet.
Most companies that create these vegan groceries are conscious of the environment and try to remain sustainable and protect Mother Nature. Supporting environmentally conscious companies is just an added bonus when purchasing!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are vegan groceries more expensive?
Glad you asked! This is a common misconception about vegan groceries. Of course, there are some premium vegan groceries just like there are some premium non-vegan groceries. There are many incredible products which aren’t expensive at all, like the ones we mentioned above.
You can create so many beautiful, filling vegan dishes with vegan groceries without breaking the bank. Take a chance with it and you’ll see that vegan products aren’t always expensive, but they’re always worth it.
Is a vegan diet healthier than a meat diet?
Another interesting question! As a general rule, a plant-based diet with lots of whole foods will be more nutrition-dense and contain less bad fats (and cholesterol) than a meat-based diet. However, it all depends on what type of plant-based foods you eat! Vegan groceries all vary in what nutrition, vitamins, and minerals they contain, but getting enough nutrients mostly relies on whether you have a balanced diet or not.
A big concern with people purchasing vegan groceries is that they think they may lack protein. This isn’t true. You can get protein from many things like tofu, lentils, beans, tempeh, quinoa, and more. It all boils down to what your diet consists of and how much of it you consume.
Is making meals with vegan groceries difficult?
Absolutely not! There are so many vegan meals, vegan snacks, and vegan desserts you can make with vegan groceries which take up very little of your time. If you have the vegan staple foods ready at home, you’d be whipping up dishes left, right, and center in no time. The hardest and most time-consuming part is grocery shopping. Save your energy and shop your vegan groceries online here at your own vegan supermarket!
Can vegans eat pasta?
Oh yes, everyone’s favorite grocery is vegan-friendly - but there are exceptions! Some pasta (especially fresh pasta) is made with egg, so remember to always check the label. All the pasta we have here at PlantX is vegan-friendly and made from a wide range of plant-based ingredients. Next time you’re shopping vegan groceries online make sure you stock up on different types of pasta. If you’re feeling adventurous, why not ditch the regular wheat pasta and make the switch to chickpea pasta, red lentil pasta, or black bean pasta? More nutritious and more filling!
Is chickpea pasta healthier than wheat pasta?
Yes! Chickpea pasta, and especially organic chickpea pasta, has lower carb levels and higher levels of fiber and protein than regular wheat pasta. Did we mention that it’s also gluten-free? Making it a perfect vegan grocery for those with sensitive guts or gluten intolerance. Many chickpea pasta brands are ethically conscious, use all-natural ingredients and avoid added sugar or preservatives. Chickpea pasta is simply a great vegan grocery staple - it’s better for both our bodies and the planet! Why not try Chickpea Pasta Elbows from Banza, and make your very own vegan mac n cheese!