Bob's Red Mill - Organic Corn Grits Polenta
Made with organic golden corn, Bob’s Red Mill Organic Corn Grits Polenta is rich, creamy and flavourful, perfect for Italian or American South-inspired recipes.
- Corn grits (also known as polenta) made from the finest organic corn
- Rich, creamy & flavourful
- Great source of fibre
- For breakfast, as a savoury side dish, or baked into polenta fries
- Organic, Non-GMO & Kosher certified
Southern-style grits are a comfort food like no other. Coarsely ground from the finest organic golden corn, Bob’s Red Mill Organic Corn Grits Polenta celebrates this soul food inheritance. Rich, creamy and flavourful, these grits can be cooked in the American style, or as Italian polenta.
When whisked into boiling water, Bob’s Red Mill Organic Corn Grits Polenta can be enjoyed as a warm breakfast cereal with brown sugar, maple syrup or honey. It’s also delicious as a savoury side dish in the Northern Italian tradition, topped with vegan cheese, roasted veggies or marinara sauce.
Why not try spreading out your polenta porridge on a baking sheet to cool and cutting it into squares to roast, fry or grill for deliciously crisp golden polenta fries?
Made from wholegrain, organic and non-GMO corn, Bob’s Red Mill Organic Corn Grits Polenta is a fantastic source of soluble fibre. This will leave you feeling sustained and satisfied until your next meal. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Corn Grits Polenta is also rich in essential nutrients such as iron and phosphorus.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use Bob’s Red Mill Organic Corn Grits Polenta to make Italian-style polenta?
- Italian-style polenta is rich, soft and creamy and takes a little more time to cook than grits. It’s usually served as a side dish to accompany stews and sauces. With Bob’s Red Mill Organic Corn Grits Polenta, it couldn’t be simpler to make.
- Use 1 part polenta to 4 parts water for a luxuriously silky consistency.
- Bring the water to boil in a heavy-bottomed non-stick pan with a tbsp of kosher salt. Gradually add the polenta in a thin stream, whisking as you go to avoid lumps.
- Once you have added all the polenta, turn down the heat and continue to stir with a long wooden spoon and watch the magic as it slowly begins to thicken.
- Cook for around 45 minutes, stirring frequently. It will become a velvety golden porridge.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper or vegan parmesan.
- For the true northern Italian experience, stir in a generous spoonful of vegan butter and a splash of neutral-flavoured plant milk at the end.