Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Total Time 30 minutes Servings 4 people
1/3 cup Red onion finely chopped
1/4 cup Green pepper finely chopped
1 LB Vegan minced meat
1/3 cup Beetroot puree
1 tbsp Liquid smoke
1 tsp Hot sauce
1 tbs Vegan bbq sauce
1/2 tbsp Sweet paprika
1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
2 Squared ciabattas about 4.5x3,5inch/ 11.5x9cm
2 leaves Fresh kale chopped
1 Roma tomato sliced
1/4 Red onion sliced
6 slices Smoked vegan cheese
1 tbsp Vegan milk
1/2 Zucchini finely slice with a mandolin
Sauces at choice optional
1. Cut one of the ciabattas bread in half, as you were making a sandwich.
2. Remove both the top and the bottom of the second one, leaving a squared slice about 3/4 inch (2 cm) tall. That will become your central slice of bread.
3. Warm 1 spoon olive oil in a pan and gently pan fry onion and bell pepper for 7/8 minutes.
4. Place a spoon of oil in a grill pan over high heat and grill the zucchini for about 3 minutes per side, or until the brown marks start to appear.
5. Place the minced meat in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients for the patties and stir well to combine, until the mix gets a nice and dark meaty color.
6. When ready, place the pan-fried onion and bell pepper in the bowl and stir again.
7. Place half of the mix onto a chopping board and shape it into a rectangular, flat form with a flipper. The patty should be as large as the ciabatta, so use one of the slices of bread as a measurement for it. Repeat with the second part of the minced meat.
8. Place a spoon of oil in a large pan and carefully move the patties into it. Being so large they might fall apart so lift them gently with the help of two flippers.
9. Cook the patties about 5 minutes per side, or until nicely brown and slightly crispy. Make sure the minced meat is cooked inside and not only outside, being the patties quite thick.
10. Place the cheese and the milk in a small pot and cook over low fire until the cheese has melted.
11. Start composing your burger by placing the bottom of the ciabatta into a plate, top with the kale, then one of the patties, half of the melted cheese and the tomato.
12. Add the middle slice of bread, zucchini and onion, then top with the second patty and finally the remaining melted cheese. Close the burger with the leftover slice of bread and serve.
Please note that while we are able to solicit and accept Canadian donations as a registered US 501c3 entity, any tax implications of your donation are subject to Canadian tax laws. Kindly consult your tax professional regarding any such donation
After-School All-Stars provides free, comprehensive after-school programs that keep students safe and help them succeed in school and life. Students served are 91% youth of color and 82% qualify for the Federal Free or Reduced Lunch Program. Find out more: afterschoolallstars.org
Thanks for Subscribing!
Check Out Our Plant Based Community
100% Plant-Based Meals delivered right to your door!