FREE SHIPPING ON THE SHOP AND INDOOR PLANTS SECTION $99.95
Country - Canada
Roasted Butternut Squash with Avocado & Bean Filling
Course Dinner, Lunch, Main, Side
Keyword Avocado, Beans, Butternut squash, Mexican
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 1 Butternut squash
- 1/2 cup Kidney beans
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas
- 1 small Avocado chopped
- 1 Chive finely sliced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- 1. Preheat the oven at 400F/200C.
- 2. Cut the butternut squash in half, remove the seeds and bake it for 30/35 minutes (time can vary according to the dimension).
- 3. When ready, warm a grill pan with one spoon olive oil and grill the two halves for about 7/8 minutes, or until the brown marks start to appear.
- 4. Place the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Fill the center of the butternut squash with the bean mix (you might want to carve the hole a bit more now that the veggie is soft) and serve.
© 2020 PlantX. All rights Reserved