Dos Amigos - Hot Sliced Jalapenos, 114mlBrand - Dos Amigos
Dos Amigos’ Hot Sliced Jalapenos are the perfect throw-on topping to give any dish an extra kick of bold flavour and spice.
- Fat free
- Gluten free
- 5 calories per 30g serving
- Great source of vitamin C
- Ready to eat
Dos Amigos’ Hot Sliced Jalapenos are grown on family farms in California and the southwest, and are picked by hand to ensure the perfect ripeness. These jalapenos are the optimum level of heat and spice to make a dish sing, but not override your taste buds, and they even have a subtle sweetness that we just love.
And they’re just so easy to use, simply open the can and drain off the water and these fiery little babies are ready to rock! No need to fiddle about slicing them up and cause yourself an injury when you accidentally rub your eye with your spiced-up fingers (we’ve all been there).
Of course, these make a great quick topping for any Mexican dish such as nachos but we encourage you to add these to other cuisines too. These sliced jalapenos are great for spicing up burgers or throwing on top of pasta dishes or bowls of warm chilli.
We particularly love using these as a topping for a bean salad with chunks of avocado and cucumber to bring the perfect balance of refreshing cool and biting heat.
Water, jalapeno peppers, salt, citric acid, calcium chloride, turmeric
A few jalapeno fun facts!
- Jalapenos were the first peppers that travelled into space on a NASA shuttle.
- They are reported to have many health benefits, and eating them can help lower blood pressure and even fight migraines.
- Jalapenos were reportedly used as far back as the Ancient Aztecs, however, instead of eating them, the Aztecs dried and smoked the peppers.